“Planning and adapting for the reality of the modern project” Wyoming Catholic College (WCC) technology director Victor Vincent announced the school’s deepest plunge into technology yet with a new WCC App available for Apple, Android, and Windows Phone. “Incredibly feature rich, this is just what students have been asking for, and will be available starting March 15th” he continued.
Here are a few of the apps top features, designed just for WCC students as Victor shared with IIT:
- Notify professors if you’re going to be late to class
- Determine the time you need to walk up in order to be back by curfew
- Integrated Google Hangouts allows you to contact any other student through the most common mode of communication in use at WCC
- Electronic Work-Study timesheets: Clock-in/clock-out with the app
- Check out of your dorm for the night without having to stop there first, just tap which dorm you’ll be staying at on the app
- Access buildings without your keycard by taking advantage of the near-field communication (NFC) capabilities of most phones with the app instead of the keycards
- Access all of the current schedule and grading functionality of the current Populi system
- Track your progress on becoming an Outdoor Leader or WFR
- Reserve rooms for events, send and manage routine requests to Student Life
- Order Crux items for pick-up
- Contact tutors
Further features are in development, with a proposal that prefects eventually be able to use the app to check curfew, simply by tracking their dorm member’s locations and a live GPA/grade tracking functionality, updated to the minute based on your latest attendance, quiz grades, and the like.
Due to the WCC technology policy, however, the app, for obvious reasons, can only be used during breaks by most students.